I am in freefall.
I knew it was going to happen, but somehow that didn’t make the actual happening part any easier.
My final pay check came through and now I am without a parachute.
For the first time in over 10 years, I don’t have a steady income.
All the money I make from here on in is on my back.
I’ve never been more excited/terrified.
It also means I have to start thinking about all the boring, convoluted things like:
- Do I need to set up A Company
- How do I track my income
- What counts as a business expense
- How do NI contributions work (in the U.K.)
- Will I also have to pay tax in Sweden
- Do I need a business bank account
- How can I make any of this “fun”?
It’s a bit overwhelming, logging onto the government website and having to fill out a form when you’re still not really sure whether you should be filling it out. Perhaps I’ve jumped the gun and gotten a bit over excited…
Let’s see shall we?
One Reply to “The Freefall Moment of Going Freelance”